IAP - Detectors Physics Assistant Professor
Department: UM6P Institute of Applied Physics
Location: Benguerir, Morocco
Position Type: Full-Time
UM6P University: Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco's frontline position in these fields in a unique partnership-based approach and boost skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
The Institute of Applied Physics at UM6P is seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual to join our faculty as an Assistant Professor specializing in Detectors Physics. This is a full-time and permanent position with responsibilities in research, teaching, and service.
- Teaching: The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in Detectors Physics. This includes developing and delivering lectures, creating course materials, and mentoring students in research projects.
- Research: Conduct innovative research in the field of Detectors Physics. Secure research funding, publish in peer-reviewed journals, and present findings at conferences. Collaborate with colleagues and contribute to the research goals of the department.
- Student Mentoring: Advise and mentor undergraduate and graduate students in their academic and research endeavors. Encourage and support student participation in research projects.
- Service: Engage in departmental, university, and professional service activities. This may include serving on department committees, participating in outreach and community engagement, and contributing to the academic community at large.
- A Ph.D. in Physics or a related field with a focus on Detectors Physics.
- Demonstrated expertise and a strong research track record in Detectors Physics.
- Effective teaching skills and a commitment to fostering student learning.
- Ability to secure research funding and a record of publishing in reputable journals.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to participate in departmental and university service.
- Postdoctoral experience. Experience with cutting-edge detector technologies.
- Ability to establish research collaborations with industry or national laboratories.
- Experience in curriculum development and innovative teaching methods.
Apply for IAP - Detectors Physics Assistant Professor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly