CAS - Post Doc in Chair of Transitions
About Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P)
Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) is an internationally oriented institution of higher learning, that is committed to an educational system based on the highest standards of teaching and research in fields related to the sustainable economic development of Morocco and Africa. UM6P is an institution oriented towards applied research and innovation. On a specific focus on Africa, UM6P aims to position these fields as the forefront and become a university of international standing.
More than just a traditional academic institution, UM6P is a platform for experimentation and a pool of opportunities, for students, professors and staff. It offers a high-quality living and study environment thanks to its state-of-the-art infrastructure. With an innovative approach, UM6P places research and innovation at the heart of its educational project as a driving force of a business model.
In its research approach, the UM6P promotes transdisciplinary, entrepreneurship spirit and collaboration with external institutions for developing up to date science and at continent level in order to address real challenges.
All our programs run as start-ups and can be self-organized when they reach a critical mass. Thus, academic liberty is promoted as far as funding is developed by research teams.
The research programs are integrated from long-term research to short-term applications in linkage with incubation and start-up ecosystems.
Specific investigation of the longtermist movement in its philosophical, technical, ethical and social dimensions. The aim will be to draw up a classification of groups of longtermist researchers. The postdoc may have to prepare and organize an international seminar on the ideologies of longtermism (and related ideologies), and their place in transhumanist fields.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Coordination of the various events organized by the Chair of Transitions (mainly the Global Identities Project and Mouvement of Transitions regular seminars).
- Interface with the peers.press, the scientific publication platform
- Support for the Chair's management in various projects and initiatives that may be envisaged
- Potential assistance with IAS (UM6P Institute for Advanced Studies) research seminars.
- PhD in human and social sciences (preferably philosophy, sociology or anthropology)
- Knowledge of transhumanist currents (ideologies, institutions, development), Knowledge of digital worlds, forms of digital transitions
Apply for CAS - Post Doc in Chair of Transitions
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly