CAS - Post Doc in History and Philosophy in Africa
About Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P)
Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) is an internationally oriented institution of higher learning, that is committed to an educational system based on the highest standards of teaching and research in fields related to the sustainable economic development of Morocco and Africa. UM6P is an institution oriented towards applied research and innovation. On a specific focus on Africa, UM6P aims to position these fields as the forefront and become a university of international standing.
More than just a traditional academic institution, UM6P is a platform for experimentation and a pool of opportunities, for students, professors and staff. It offers a high-quality living and study environment thanks to its state-of-the-art infrastructure. With an innovative approach, UM6P places research and innovation at the heart of its educational project as a driving force of a business model.
In its research approach, the UM6P promotes transdisciplinary, entrepreneurship spirit and collaboration with external institutions for developing up to date science and at continent level in order to address real challenges.
All our programs run as start-ups and can be self-organized when they reach a critical mass. Thus, academic liberty is promoted as far as funding is developed by research teams.
The research programs are integrated from long-term research to short-term applications in linkage with incubation and start-up ecosystems.
Philosophical and historical sources in Africa are beginning to gain visibility. Reducing the deficit of legitimacy of knowledge on Africa in the field of humanities and social sciences is one of the challenges the candidate has to face.
Expected topics: Interest in medieval Arabic sources or in medieval or contemporary philosophical practices. / PHD dealing with the decolonization of knowledge in Africa will be appreciated.
Responsibilities and tasks
The work will focus on:
- Bibliographic review,
- Report and scientific publications.
- organizing workshop
The candidate must have:
- PHD with skills in one of the following fields: history, philosophy, anthropology, sociology, psychology
- Rigor / motivation, Good communication skills, Teamwork
- An appropriate scientific background allowing him to deal with research questions, being able to mobilize the main approaches available in the field
- Sufficient scientific and methodological hindsight to understand the level of relevance of research approaches and to be able to combine them in an astute way in the analysis, definition, and resolution of project problems
- A minimum experience (professional or research) allowing him to move forward quickly and efficiently in a bibliographic analysis on a given theme and in the writing of scientific journals and articles.
Apply for CAS - Post Doc in History and Philosophy in Africa
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly