SAP+D – Associate Professor in Urban Resilience
5 days left
- Full Time
Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) is an internationally oriented institution of higher learning, that is committed to an educational system based on the highest standards of teaching and research in fields related to the sustainable economic development of Morocco and Africa. UM6P is an institution oriented towards applied research and innovation. On a specific focus on Africa, UM6P aims to position these fields as the forefront and become a university of international standing.
More than just a traditional academic institution, UM6P is a platform for experimentation and a pool of opportunities, for students, professors and staff. It offers a high-quality living and study environment thanks to its state-of-the-art infrastructure. With an innovative approach, UM6P places research and innovation at the heart of its educational project as a driving force of a business model.
In its research approach, the UM6P promotes transdisciplinary, entrepreneurship spirit and collaboration with external institutions for developing up to date science and at continent level in order to address real challenges.
All our programs run as start-ups and can be self-organized when they reach a critical mass. Thus, academic liberty is promoted as far as funding is developed by research teams.
The research programs are integrated from long-term research to short-term applications in linkage with incubation and start-up ecosystems.
The School of Architecture, Planning, and Design (SAP+D) at the University Mohammed VI Polytechnic (UM6P) is a leading one in Africa in terms of education, research, and innovation in the fields of architecture, urban/territorial planning, and design. By exploring genuinely technology, engineering, and sustainability, it forges a new generation of architects who can embrace an integrated approach of smart design.
This school is about mastering the art and technology of buildings within sustainable urban and territorial scales to meet the new challenges of fast urbanization in Morocco and Africa.
The associate profess is an university research and teaching role based on teaching, supervising and scientific research.
The purpose of this role initiate and support scientific publication in peer-reviewed academic journals, and initiate new funding proposals. In addition, this role involves coordinating research projects, teaching programs and supervising doctoral work.
The School of Architecture, Planning, and Design at Mohammed VI Polytechnic University invites applications for an associate professor position in the area urban resilience starting as soon as the profile is found.
Qualified candidates at the associate professor level must have good skills in geography, urban planning and territorial management.
The position is open to individuals who hold a Doctoral degree in the discipline of urban design and who have worked as assistant professors at other universities. Preference will be given to those with research, education, and project-conducting experience. Good communication skills, both verbal and written are important.
Successful candidates are expected to:
- Develop collaborative links with core scientific staff in related program areas to enhance conceptual development and implementation;
- Initiate the development of proposals for research funding;
- represent SAP+D and its research projects at international symposiums and conferences;
- Write and publish papers in peer-reviewed journals that highlight findings from research and experimental activities;
- Participate in the development of pedagogical curriculums as well as in teaching activities for initial and executive programs;
- Supervise PhD students and support them in scientific production.
Criteria of the candidate:
- Ph.D. in urban planning;
- Previous experience as assistant professor in university departments:
- An extensive list of published journal papers and scientific book chapters:
- Demonstrated understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project on urban resilience;
- Extensive experience in teaching courses on urban planning, City & Regional Planning and sustainable development;
- Confirmed ability to initiate, write and support research or consulting proposals;
- Proven ability to work and support the professional development of team members ;
- Proven ability in the organization of seminars, workshops, and conferences.
Applications and selection procedure:
The application must contain:
- A cover letter indicating the position applied for and the main research interests
- A detailed CV following UM6P template (attached)
- 5 letters of recommendation
- Research Plan, Teaching Plan, Entrepreneurial Activities & Community Service Plan
- The short-listed candidates will be invited to meet the university selection committee.
Apply for SAP+D – Associate Professor in Urban Resilience
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly