LIMSET – Assistant Professor in Development of inorganic materials for green hydrogen production
5 days left
- Full Time
Assistant Professor in Development of inorganic materials with high efficiency for use in green hydrogen production
Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) is an internationally oriented institution of higher learning, that is committed to an educational system based on the highest standards of teaching and research in fields related to the sustainable economic development of Morocco and Africa. UM6P is an institution oriented towards applied research and innovation. On a specific focus on Africa, UM6P aims to position these fields as the forefront and become a university of international standing.
More than just a traditional academic institution, UM6P is a platform for experimentation and a pool of opportunities, for students, professors and staff. It offers a high-quality living and study environment thanks to its state-of-the-art infrastructure. With an innovative approach, UM6P places research and innovation at the heart of its educational project as a driving force of a business model.
In its research approach, the UM6P promotes transdisciplinary, entrepreneurship spirit and collaboration with external institutions for developing up to date science and at continent level in order to address real challenges.
All our programs run as start-ups and can be self-organized when they reach a critical mass. Thus, academic liberty is promoted as far as funding is developed by research teams.
The research programs are integrated from long-term research to short-term applications in linkage with incubation and start-up ecosystems.
LIMSET, Laboratory of Inorganic Materials for Sustainable Energy Technologies, is formed by a multidisciplinary group of scientists and engineers focused to develop innovative training and research related to sustainable energy. The laboratory is leading research in design, development, and optimization of the next generation of inorganic materials for their application in different processes and technologies of sustainable energy. LIMSET is conducting research in a wide range of applied sciences, aiming to contribute to the competitiveness of Moroccan and African companies. The current research of the entity includes activities and innovative projects, such as: (a) cost-effective thermal energy storage for industrial waste heat recovery and Power-to-Heat applications, (b) all-solid batteries for future electric vehicles, and (c) innovative materials and processes for the production and storage of green hydrogen and green ammonia.
The University of Mohammed VI polytechnic (UM6P) invites applications for a research and education fellow position in the area of the production of green hydrogen, with an emphasis on the design, synthesis, and characterization of advanced inorganic materials that will be used to improve the efficiency of the emerging electrolysis and water splitting technologies at high temperature. The laboratory of inorganic materials for sustainable energy technologies (LIMSET) is engaged in pioneering research and development projects that aiming to promote the invention and improvement of green hydrogen technologies to support the national and international strategies. We are therefore seeking a talented and highly motivated candidate to join our team who will be engaged in the development of advanced inorganic materials for their use in the emerging electrolysis and water splitting technologies at high temperatures.
The main role of the selected candidate is to contribute on the effort to expand a research and education program related to the development of inorganic materials, methods and processes for green hydrogen production, by performing the following tasks:
- Demonstrate strong motivation toward creative applied research with specific expertise in the inorganic chemistry discipline including the design and synthesis of inorganic materials using covering the aqueous and nonaqueous chemistry techniques.
- Proven skills on the investigation of the inorganic materials including the structural characterizations and the study of their thermophysical properties.
- Proven expertise in the use of techniques for inorganic materials characterization such as X-ray powder diffraction, SEM, TGA, DSC, Laser Flash, etc.
- Good capacity to set objectives and priorities and follow a scientific approach.
- Prepare papers for publication in leading journals and/or contribute to the dissemination at national/international conferences, workshops, and meetings resulting in successful research outputs.
- Support the development of proposals for research funding.
- Support, if required education and/or supervision of the master students could be an asset.
Criteria of the candidate:
- PhD in the subject discipline with a relevant experience as postdoctoral researcher.
- Prove ability to perform multidisciplinary research and contribute to funded research programs.
- Prove ability to the planning, sourcing, and development of new initiatives and ongoing research activities.
- Proven ability to identify and fulfil the academic writing requirements for the development of proposals, reports, and scientific publications.
- Demonstrated understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project and managing time and resources.
- Good English communication skills, both verbal and written are important.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and to work independently.
Apply for LIMSET – Assistant Professor in Development of inorganic materials for green hydrogen production
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly