IWRI - Assistant Professor Position in Advanced Wastewater Treatment Technologies
5 days left
- Full Time
Area of specialization in IWRI Education and Research: Water and wastewater sciences, water and wastewater treatment: desalination technologies, wastewater recycling, membranes technologies…
The International Water Research Institute (IWRI) at Mohammed VI Polytechnic University invites applications for two faculty positions at the assistant professor rank in the area of advanced wastewater treatment (municipal and industrial) and desalination (seawater and brackish water).
The positions are open to individuals who hold Engineering graduate/MS degree and PhD in Water, Process, Chemical and Environmental Engineering.
The hired candidates will have the mission to:
- Conduct research on the science and technology of water treatment, wastewater treatment, desalination, and membrane processes…
- Lead the development of advanced water and wastewater treatment and desalination methods powered and driven by renewable energy (solar, wind, etc.).
- Investigate the basic physical, chemical, and electrical behavior of dissolved solids, liquids, and gases at solid/liquid interfaces.
- Work collaboratively with other experimental and theoretical/computational scientists with mathematics, physics, chemistry, and engineering backgrounds.
Preference will be given to those with excellent and relevant R&D and teaching experience, and good publication track record. Good communication skills, both verbal and writing are important. Fluency in English and French are preferred, and previous postdocs will be a big asset.
Successful candidates are expected to:
- Have the desire and ability to develop and teach courses at the under and postgraduate levels related to the candidate's areas of research in (i) industrial and municipal wastewater treatment, and (ii) in seawater/brackish water desalination using renewable energy, membrane processes.
- Have a good knowledge of fundamentals of relevant enabling technologies.
- should have a good understanding of energetic and economic aspects related to water purification and desalination.
- Perform multidisciplinary research and contribute to develop a funded research program, with a special emphasis on innovative and sustainable technologies for water treatment and desalination
- Publish the results of personal and sponsored research in top-tier peer-reviewed international journals.
- Pursue scholarly and professional activities that will keep him/her at the leading edge of his/her field.
Criteria of the candidates:
- PhD and relevant experience in the subject discipline
- Proven hands-on expertise with various wastewater treatment technologies, desalination technologies and membrane processes.
- Extensive hands-on experience in designing and conducting experiments.
- Demonstrated understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project and managing resources.
- Proven track record as first-author in peer-reviewed publications related to the subject discipline.
- Ability to generate new ideas and links to generate innovative systems and solutions.
Apply for IWRI - Assistant Professor Position in Advanced Wastewater Treatment Technologies
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly